Marc Schulman, owner of Eli’s Cheesecake Chicago continues founder and dad Eli’s tradition of NICE as a business strategy. Marc talks about being a community partner in every sense of the word–in Chicago, with his approach to his team, and building business partnerships. Ohh…and that cheesecake!
- Marc carries on the tradition of his dad, who founded Eli’s, The Place for Steak in 1940. Treat people right, from the dishwasher to your best customer. Be a part of community.
- When you are in it for the long haul, you can spend time building relationships
- Yes and…why not make a 500+ pound cheesecake and feed 2,000 people! Marc has made super-sized cheesecakes for four presidential inaugurations, the Chicago Cubs, Hamilton and more!
- Adapt as the world changes. Vegan cheesecake, gluten free, sugar free. Carry out, curbside pick up. Whatever it takes to serve people’s needs.
- Your team is at the center. The cafe is closed due to COVID (curbside pick-up and shipping are OPEN). Now it’s used to provide lunch for employees.
- Partnerships build business, too. Order your Green River Soda (another Chicago staple) Cheesecake, bright green, in time for St. Paddy’s day!