Is it society that imposes confining ideas about aging onto us, or do we create our own limitations and expectations? ““Hack your ego to harness your power,” says Sara Weiss, inspirational speaker, coach and author of (Not) Born This Way. “Don’t hide based on what people will think about you!” Sounds amazing and empowering, but how do you do it to be your best, most authentic self, contributing to the world, in a non-stop, upward trajectory?
- Showing up with Fear and Doubt vs Showing up with Love and Faith–I know people are going to judge me no matter what I do. What matters to me is that I show up with love and compassion for my message and those who want to hear it.
- You are not supposed to please everyone.
- Decide who you want to become, instead of getting stuck in the trap of who people think you are.
- Your reality is based on your perspective
- Your EGO has an answer to any question you ask it. So ASK different questions? Not–“Why am I so fat?” Try instead “Why am I so strong?” Not “Why will anyone care when I’m so old,” to “How can I help them with my amazing years of experience?”
- We so often already have the life we have. Look at what you have now. Recognize and celebrate it.